Monday, June 05, 2006

Stop fiddling with constitution, conservatives

As a practical libertarian with anti-liberal views, I sure wish the conservatives would cease and desist trying to ban gay marriage in the federal constitution. The document is too important to contain views on who can marry whom.

I don't really support gay marriage. I don't care what gays do. I'd like to know why there is any legal privelege for heteros to get married. Whether or not you believe gays should be allowed to marry, leave this petty, unimportant argument out of my constitution.

It reminds me of the time hunters in Minnesota tried to get a "right to hunt" clause inserted in the state constitution. It was idiocy doomed to failure. There are better ways to combat stupid, hyper-emotional liberals than fiddling with the documents that form our system of government.

No comments: