Stalin removes Commissar Nikolai Yezhov from history
1. The Republican Party was founded in 1854 as an abolition party. Because Americans are uneducated by a liberal K-12 system, I'll elaborate -- abolition means anti-slavery. The new Republican Party was up against which established party? Democrats, the party that wanted slavery to continue. Abraham Lincoln, the president who won the Civil War and freed the slaves, was the first Republican president. The Civil War should be called "The War Between the Republican Party and the Democratic Party". Lincoln was murdered by John Wilkes Booth -- a Democrat.
Here is the beginning of the history portion of the DNC website in September 2012:
- For more than 200 years, our party has led the fight for civil rights, health care, Social Security, workers’ rights, and women’s rights.
- The history also highlights the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Certainly President Lyndon Johnson, a Texas Democrat, played an essential role, but it is worth remembering that 80 percent of the “no” votes in the Senate came from Democrats, including the late Robert Byrd (W.Va.) and Albert Gore (Tenn.), father of the future vice president. Republican votes, in fact, were essential in winning final passage of the bill.
2. The Environmental Protection Act, or EPA, was signed into law by a Republican.
3. A Democratic president got us into Vietnam. A Republican president got us out.
4. Nearly all KKK members were Democrats. Ulysses S. Grant, the second Republican president, suspended habeas corpus to disrupt the KKK. Democratic President Andrew Jackson -- the man who gave the Democratic Party its symbol of the jackass -- is responsible for the Cherokee Indian Trail of Tears.
The last former KKK member to serve in the federal legislature was Robert Byrd -- a Democrat. He founded his own branch of the Klan and was elected "exalted cyclops". Here's an interesting Byrd quote: "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia and in every state in the nation." Byrd eventually distanced himself from the KKK, and joined other Democrats in trying to convince Americans to associate the KKK with Republicans.
David Duke, a man the press continually reminds us is a Republican, joined the KKK in 1967, when he was a Democrat. As a Democrat, he attended countless racist rallies, sometimes dressed in a Nazi uniform. He became a Republican in the late 1980s. Somehow everyone knows Duke is a Republican, but nobody knows that his most hateful and active years were spent as a Democrat. Why? See the introductory paragraph to this blog post.
The relatively few Americans who know the history of our major political parties excuse Democrats by saying, "They changed long ago." Yes, they have. They're now trying to convince all minorities -- and they're succeeding -- that all of their problems are caused by white Republicans, and that they cannot survive without government handouts.
The most striking change in the Democratic party is the leftward shift, despite recent claims by Democrats that Republicans have moved to the extreme right. I think a 1963 quote from John F. Kennedy, a Democrat and hero of most liberals, is in order:
- "Lower rates of taxation will stimulate economic activity and so raise the levels of personal and corporate income as to yield within a few years an increased – not a reduced – flow of revenues to the federal government." --JFK, 1963
5. The "cultural revolution" of the 1960s was a communist revolution. The people who were there -- members of the Weather Underground, etc -- acknowledge this fact. After the fall of the Soviet Union, records were uncovered showing USSR financial support for many leftist groups in America during the 1960s and the 1970s. The communist revolution is almost identical to the current OWS movement, right down to SDS protest signs, Soviet Union flags, and the marxist clenched fist symbol. The left-wing press routinely discards footage of these communist symbols in their news coverage. Raw footage from YouTube and Liveleak shows that the reality is quite different from what we're getting in the leftist press.
Here's an August 2012 quote from current OWS organizer and former union president, Mike Golash:
"Progressive labor is a revolutionary communist organization. Its objective is to make revolution in the United States, overthrow the capitalist system, and build communism."
"We wanted to become communist cadre, completely committed to the revolution."
"Toward the end of 1968 I had really decided that I was committed to being a part of what I thought was going to be a really serious and ongoing rebellion, upheaval, that had the potential of not just ending the (Vietnam) war but really overthrowing the capitalist system and put in its place something much more humane."
7. Martin Luther King was a Republican.
8. No less than 26 states out of 50 (I say "out of 50" because we learned in 2008 that Obama doesn't know how many states we have) sued the federal government because of Obamacare.
9. Candidate Obama announced that his (first) campaign would be public. Because Americans are uneducated by a liberal K-12 system, I'll elaborate -- when a candidate announces that a campaign will be public, it means the candidate is accepting public money (we will pay for it), and the campaign will not accept any private money. After meeting with wealthy Hollywood elites who promised millions, he quietly changed his mind. Obama ran a private campaign, after pledging otherwise, with private money, including Hollywood millions, union millions, and Wall Street and private equity millions. In fact, Obama has raised $49 million from Wall Street, to date.
10. In May 2012 a poll showed that more than 60% of Americans are reducing personal spending due to high gas prices, which is greatly damaging our consumer based economy. Obama's Energy Secretary, Steven Chu, said in 2008:
- "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe." --Steven Chu, 2008
Another energy player in the Obama administration is (was) Carol Browner, director of the White House Office of Energy and Climate Change Policy from 2009-2011. Ms. Browner's past includes sitting on the Commission for a Sustainable World Society for Socialist International.
And that brings us to a larger issue, which isn't covered in this blog post -- the rather interesting coincidence that the goals of socialists and communists are identical to those of environmentalists. The movement has been taken over, and is no longer about protecting the environment or saving the planet. I think the words of Greenpeace co-founder Patrick Moore, holder of a PhD in ecology, are relevant here:
- "Greenpeace was hijacked by political and social activists at the time who began adopting extremist positions on a number of issues…I had to leave because they were adopting positions I could not justify by science. The movement was captured by the Left…it's more about globalization and anti-capitalism than it is about science or ecology." --Patrick Moore, co-founder of Greenpeace
[ click the image to enlarge ]
11. The Keystone Oil pipeline was cancelled (officially "delayed") by Obama because it was originally planned to run through the Ogallala area of Nebraska, and the president had concerns about the aquifer under that area and what might happen if the pipeline leaked. Fact: there are already dozens of pipelines crisscrossing the aquifer -- one more will make no difference. The image below shows all of the pipelines running across the Ogallala aquifer; the aquifer is in purple:
[ click the image to enlarge ]
In 2009 Obama offered $2 billion in loans to Petrobras, Brazil's state oil company, for the purpose of offshore Brazilian drilling. This was done while Obama is doing everything he can to limit drilling here.
Obama's reaction to the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico was to issue a moratorium on deepwater offshore drilling, something a federal judge overturned less than a month later. The president's lawyers based their arguments on the findings of a report issued not long after the spill. In the words of Judge Feldman:
- "The court is unable to divine or fathom a relationship between the findings and the immense scope of the moratorium."
12. Countless business owners and CEOs have explained why the economic recovery doesn't include jobs. They are very explicit -- they are waiting for a president who isn't anti-business. The most famous in this long list of job creators is Steve Jobs, who said directly to Obama, "You're headed for a one term presidency," because of anti-business policies.
13. Obama announced before and after his 2008 election victory that his presidency would be the most transparent in history. Many things indicate the opposite is true:
- 1) Liberal reporters, normally lapdogs for left-wing presidents, complained that the questions submitted to Obama during town hall meetings had to be submitted in advance.
Helen Thomas, a far-left, liberal Obama supporter, had harsh words for the president's attempts to control the press: "Nixon didn’t try to do that. They couldn’t control (the media). They didn’t try. What the hell do they think we are, puppets? They’re supposed to stay out of our business. They are our public servants. We pay them."
- Also from Thomas: "When you call the reporter the night before, you know damn well what they are going to ask -- to control you. I’m not saying there has never been managed news before, but this is carried to fare-thee-well -- for the town halls, for the press conferences. It’s blatant. They don’t give a damn if you know it or not. They ought to be hanging their heads in shame."
- "They ought to be hanging their heads in shame."
- Another reporter angry about Obama's press censorship and manipulation is Chuck Todd, a liberal who works for NBC, a far-left media company that supports Obama on nearly every issue. Todd said in August 2012, about the media manipulation: "This is an outrage that they do this."
- "This is an outrage that they do this."
- 2) Obama was caught lying about the number of jobs created after the federal government, itself, informed the public that his figures were wrong. Fact: there has been a net loss of jobs since Obama became president,
3) Obamacare was passed on Christmas Eve, during the Media Dead Zone (the exact moment when people pay the least attention to the media), without any legislator having read the bill. Former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi famously said, "We have to vote for it so we can find out what's in it." Obama promised during his first candidacy that the public would get five days to look at a bill before he signed it. He called it "sunlight before signing." Obamacare and many other bills were signed by Obama within hours of final passage in the legislature.
- Obama said of Obamacare, "These negotiations will be on C-SPAN." When C-SPAN's director was asked about this, he said, "He never asked us." The president didn't allow C-SPAN to cover the negotiations. The public was not allowed access.
The green charade continues unabated. In September 2012 a Nevada county voted unanimously to sell Chinese company ENN a plot of land for $4.5 million on which to build a solar power plant. The land was appraised at $38.6 million. Key to the deal was ENN's representative Rory Reid, son of the Senate Majority Leader -- Democrat Harry Reid
15. Obama's No. 1 campaign issue for the 2008 election was that he would end the war in Iraq. After getting elected, Obama followed President Bush's exit strategy, known as the Bush Doctrine.
16. Another big issue for Obama's first campaign was that he would close Guantanamo Bay. The detention center is still open. To give him some credit, he did try. Moving the detainees onto the continental U.S. requires that they be placed in one of our states, and every governor he spoke with refused to take them.
17. Obama foisted his massive stimulus package onto the backs of the American people ($800 billion) for the purpose of creating jobs. The country lost jobs. After spending weeks telling the American public that tens of thousands of new jobs are "shovel ready" and only need funding, Obama was forced to concede that no jobs were shovel ready. I think it's meaningful to see the number typed out (the number of dollars the president threw away): $800,000,000,000.
- $800,000,000,000 spent; no results
[ click the image to enlarge ]
Beginning at $10.4 trillion, and hitting $15.4* trillion in early 2012, Obama increased our debt by 44.5%, and it will be much higher by the time his term ends. The first 43 presidents**, over a span of 233 years, added an average of $242 billion*** to the debt, compared to Obama's $5 trillion (will be $6 trillion by the time his term ends).
*There are a lot of bogus numbers floating around, posted on blogs, in the mainstream media, and on legitimate political websites. The debt numbers listed here are the correct numbers. If you double check the numbers, and I hope you do, go to the source, not the media or blogs.
**Interestingly, the number of presidents we've had is a matter of opinion. Obama holds the 44th presidency, but is the 43rd president, because Cleveland served two, non-consecutive terms. Cleveland can be counted as one or two. I'm counting him as two presidents, just like Obama does. Bush called himself 42, while Obama calls himself 44.
***$10.4 trillion divided by 43 presidents is $241,860,465,116.
Obama is deficit spending at a rate of $1.5 trillion per year. For every dollar he spends, 40 cents are borrowed. He is advocating, daily, to increase spending even after his actions caused America's credit rating to fall from AAA to AA for the first time in history. Obama is also advising foreign heads of state to cancel their austerity plans and go back to deficit spending -- the very thing that got Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece into so much trouble. To illustrate the scale of the problem, consider the so-called Buffet Rule, an Obama plan to increase taxes on wealthy Americans. This scheme would raise 11 minutes of revenue per year at Obama's spending levels.
In light of Obama's deficit spending as president, watch candidate Obama's speech from July 2008 and see hypocrisy defined:
19. No less than 43 religious institutions, including the University of Notre Dame, filed suit against the Obama administration in May 2012 for forcing them to provide birth control.
20. Obama's 2012 election slogan, Forward, is a well known socialist slogan. It is also the name of numerous socialist papers in the last 100 years. Several Wikipedia entries for Forward mentioned the history of the Forward slogan in the socialist movement, including mentioning some of the socialist newspapers called Forward. Mysteriously, just days after Obama announced Forward as his official 2012 slogan, those Wikipedia pages disappeared. Wikipedia is, after all, the encyclopedia any marxist can edit.
Compare the total mainstream media blackout of the family's anger to their coverage of another person who blamed a sitting president for the death of a son -- Cindy Sheehan. The leftist press treated America to round-the-clock media coverage for five straight months.
NBC first mentioned Fast and Furious to their viewers one year after the story broke. It garnered 30 seconds of airtime.
22. Under Obamacare, anyone who doesn't purchase health insurance, and prove to the federal government that they have done so, will be taxed a minimum of $2500 per year. Obama has hired 19,500 additional IRS agents to collect these taxes.
23. Candidate Obama pledged in 2008 to end the practice of earmarks. The budget President Obama presented in Dec. 2010 contained 6,488 earmarks. The pro-Obama media only whispered about the budget's existence, and it was quietly withdrawn. Not a single Democrat was willing to vote in favor of Obama's budget, nor anyone else. It was voted down by a margin of 414-0. Incidentally, as Obama and other Democrats speak against Paul Ryan's proposed budget, it should be noted that Obama has not presented a budget since his failure of 2010.
24. Obama claims that Obamacare is "budget neutral", as parroted by the New York Times and other far-left media. Forget, for a moment, that if this government program is budget neutral, it will make history as the very first. Obama is trying to raise taxes on the rich to help cover the costs associated with Obamacare, which is odd, considering it is "budget neutral". To be more specific, he is seeking to raise $634 billion by increasing taxes on the rich, something that will only cover half the cost of the program, and only temporarily. Obama's own deficit-reduction commission referred to "phantom savings" in Obamacare.
What's really telling about Obamacare is the list of organizations that have been granted waivers to opt out of the program altogether -- a lot of unions, many of which publicly supported Obamacare. Here are just a few organizations granted waivers:
- United Food and Commercial Workers, Allied Trade Health and Welfare Trust Fund, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Union No. 915, Employees Security Fund, Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 123, Welfare Fund
United, Food and Commercial Workers Local 227, Transport Workers Union
United, Federation of Teachers Welfare Fund
Obama's plan to tax the rich to help offset the costs of Obamacare will not suffice, and he is well aware of this. Before examining who will bear the brunt of the costs, some definitions are in order. Obama argues that the tax increases within Obamacare are not tax increases, but rather "fees." He laughed at liberal journalist George Stephanopoulos for reading him the dictionary definition of tax. Obama said he's "stretching." In early 2012, Obama's own lawyers, when arguing before the Supreme Court in favor of Obamacare, said that the law's costs were a "tax." The Supreme Court went on to uphold Obamacare because our highest court deemed the costs to be taxes. If the court had concluded the costs were fees and not taxes, the law would have been struck down as unconstitutional.
Obamacare gives America a total of 21 new taxes, including the single highest tax increase ever imposed on the American people. Be wary of Democrats when they accuse Republicans of "waging war on the middle class," because the new taxes created by Obamacare will harm the middle class more than anything ever proposed by Republicans. It will also harm small business owners.
25. In the 2008 election cycle, the Communist Party of the United States of America (CPUSA) did not field a candidate for president. Why? They said it was unnecessary because they would not be able to find anyone they like better than Obama. Liberals get mad when they're called communists, which I find strange. In my view, the real, card-carrying communists are experts at spotting one of their own.
Here was CPUSA's reaction to Obama's 2008 election victory, published in their Labor Upfront newsletter:
- Obama wins! Labor wins! Americans reject policies of greed and union busting!
- Those words ring with meaning. For organized labor they ring with pride, hope, and energy for the struggles ahead. No one feels like labors candidate won, so now we can go home and rest. Rather, as congratulation messages pour in from all parts of the labor movement, the critical subtext is, we are ready and eager to march with you for change.
- "...re-electing Obama is absolutely essential." --Communist Party of the United States of America
26. When governor Scott Walker and fellow Republicans in Wisconsin slightly reduced the power of unions, left-wing activists threatened the lives of every Republican lawmaker in Wisconsin. The media imposed a total blackout, except the small minority of unbiased or right-wing news sources. One of the few left-wing reporters to care enough to cover the story, writing for the liberal Huffington Post, was angry, because there was a time in this country when threatening the life of governors and senators made the news, and it was a better time.
27. In the 2010 mid-term elections, a member of the Black Panther political party threatened voters at a polling station. Another media blackout. In June 2012, an activist threatened a poll monitor in the Wisconsin recall election. Media blackout.
28. In June 2012, Joe Biden praised the Arab Spring on the same day the Egyptian military dissolved the lower house of parliament. Biden also said, in 2011, that Mubarak is (was) not a dictator. Now, a year and a half after the Arab Spring began, even leftists acknowledge that the movement is not democratic, but rather Islamist. Egypt elected Mursi, a member of a terrorist organization called Muslim Brotherhood, to be their leader.
29. President Obama is greeted by booing protesters when he travels around the world. Brazil 2011 is an excellent example. Another media blackout. How does this compare to the media's treatment of Bush, when he was greeted by protesters when he traveled? I'll give you a reminder: most stories began, "President Bush was greeted by protesters in [insert city]."
30. During Bush's presidency, Nancy Pelosi bypassed the president and the State Department to visit Syria for a meeting with Bashar Assad, the man Democrats are now actively working against.
31. Obama submitted a bio to his book publisher in 1991 saying he was born in Kenya. Obama denied claiming Kenyan birth, but the publisher said writers submit their own bios -- exposing yet another Obama lie.
Obama lied then, or he's lying now. Best case scenario, he lied in 1991 when he claimed Kenyan birth. Why would Obama do this? Affirmative action handouts? Easier admission to Harvard? Scholarships and grants for foreign students? Worst case scenario, he was born in Kenya, and is therefore ineligible to be President of the United States of America.
Interestingly, the birth certificate Obama finally presented, the one showing he was born in Hawaii, was seven layers. Anyone who has ever scanned a piece of paper knows that the resulting image is "flat", or having one layer. Anyone with knowledge of digital image editing knows why an image has more than one layer (it has been altered).
32. Liberals say that anyone who wants VoterID, or any other method of combating voter fraud, is racist because blacks and Hispanics would somehow be disenfranchised. None are complaining about needing to use a picture ID to drive, get a loan, buy liquor, register a car, buy cigarettes, buy guns, or anything else. Showing ID for all of these things is fair, but showing ID to vote for our leaders is unfair.
Who is not complaining tells us a lot about who is complaining. Asian-Americans are not complaining. There are no Asian versions of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.
33. Mitt Romney used to be pro-choice and in favor of gun control. Now he is neither. The press calls him a "flip-flopper." Obama used to be against gay marriage. Now he's for it. The press says the president's position has "evolved."
34. Obama criticized Romney for Bain Capital's worker layoffs. Under Mitt Romney, Bain Capital's control of companies resulted in a net gain of jobs. America under Obama has a net loss of jobs.
While the media (the 85% leftist variety) has continually explained in detail how Bain Capital laid off people and closed factories, they mostly "forget" to mention the success stories. Because the press isn't interested in providing you with information -- they're trying to convince you that Romney is bad, not to inform you -- I'll give you some interesting search terms: Staples, Burlington Coat Factory, Sealy, Burger King, Dominos Pizza, Toys R Us, RJR Nabisco, Clear Channel, etc.
35. In 2012, the press learned that Ann Romney was wearing a $990 shirt. They criticized her for being out of touch. The very same press, when learning that Michelle Obama's jacket cost $6,800, called her "elegant" and "beautiful." The press also routinely mentions Romney's wealth, while ignoring the fact that Obama's net worth is estimated at over $4 million, placing him squarely in the 1%.
The amazing thing to me is that I knew all of the above, and I've never met a liberal who knew any of it. I spend a frightening amount of time reading -- right, left, middle; I even read CPUSA and Stormfront just to see what those people are talking about.
When I ask liberals if they're going to vote for Obama again after all the lies, they respond, "What lies?" It's incredible to me. That's what prompted me to do this. How can people not know basic history, and how it is being manipulated to suit a political party? Stalin would be proud of what Democrats have done, and also shocked by the thoroughness.