Five items to raise your stress level...
5. A second lawyer for Saddam Hussein is murdered, prompting the dictator to launch a hunger strike. This is the only mass murderer that I don't want to die by suicide. He deserves Iraqi justice after 30 years of brutality, including more than 70 mass graves. Times of London.
4. USA out of World Cup thanks to formidable opponents -- Ghana and the referees. BBC.
3. Thirteen Senate liberals believe U.S. troops should abandon Iraqis in January 2007. Kerry and Feingold, two of the most rabidly liberal Senators in the country, sponsored the doomed amendment. They were calling for "redeployment," the new liberal word for "run away." Keep in mind that Blackhawk Down, the chronicle of a liberal run-away strategy, was Saddam Hussein's favorite movie. Hussein even gave copies to his top secret policemen and his army generals.
Here are the extreme liberals who voted "yea" to the "run away" amendment:
2. Southern California due for a huge quake according to Scripps scientist. Living in Long Beach, Calif., I'm not too comforted by the news. I learned from the Katrina victims, though. I won't stockpile any supplies, and when the "gubment" can't immediately bring me a peanut butter sandwich, I'm going to cry racism. AP.
1. The most common nouns in the English language are "time," "person," and "year," according to the Oxford University Press. I was sure "dumbass" would claim the title. AFP.