Five items to make you wonder why...
5. UK journalists are calling for a boycott of Yahoo for helping China oppress its population, and I applaud the move. We should boycott Google, too, and any other company (or country, like France) that places profits above even basic human rights. Reuters.
4. When the going gets tough, you can count on liberals to run away. Liberals are, after all, cowards, hippies, socialists, and elitist bastards. Remember when Bubba Clinton ordered the U.S. military to run away after one helicopter was shot down in Mogadishu? The most recent example of liberal cowardice is John Kerry's plan to call for the total recall of all U.S. troops from Iraq by the end of the year.
Another facet of the liberal mindset is a desperate need to be liked by others. This was the hallmark of the Bubba Clinton presidency, and also of Kerry's failed presidential campaign. In a new round of personal attacks againt Bush, Kerry reveals he is still scared that Bush's foreign policy has "hurt the United States' standing around the world." Somebody needs to tell John-boy that leadership is not, and never has been, a popularity contest.
If anybody thinks making other countries like us should be part of U.S. foreign policy, please raise your hand so we know who you are.
3. An LA Times article says China Invites the West to Look Behind the Curtain." No, thanks. We already know what's there -- censorship, no free press, no freedom of religion, and people disappear if they criticize the government. Remember Tiannenmen Square. LA Times.
2. His Corruptness Coffee Cup Annan says the world is losing the battle against HIV. Of course this is true, considering Africans are afraid of condoms and believe that raping a virgin will cure HIV. Now if that first African guy had used a condom when he schlocked that monkey... NY Times.
1. An Hispanic supremacist who, through some monstrous example of liberal political correctness, runs a public charter school in Los Angeles, has attacked and threatened a whitebread reporter. LA Times.