Monday, July 11, 2005

Shooting HST from a cannon

August 20 is the date Hunter S. Thompson's ashes will be shot from a cannon at Woody Creek. I loved old HST, even though he turned out to be a liberal schmuck. Good writing simply cannot be overshadowed by politics. I think he would have agreed.

From AP:


    "Hunter meant a lot to me. He was another hero and someone that I got to know very well because I played him in `Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.' We got very, very close," Depp said in a recent interview with AP Television News.

    "He was a great pal, one of my best friends. We had talked a couple of times about his last wishes to be shot out of a cannon of his own design. ... All I'm doing is trying to make sure his last wish comes true. I just want to send my pal out the way he wants to go out," the 42-year-old actor said in the interview.

No comments: