Thursday, May 29, 2014

Diary of a madman -- Rodgers, not Ozzy

I've made a habit of reading manifestos of madmen. Heh. I read Karl Marx and Adolf Hitler, and I highly recommend Das Kapital and Mein Kampf. I also read the Unabomber's diatribe, which is another must-read. I'm half way through Rodgers' 124-page "manifesto", which is really an autobiography, and I recommend this as well. Honestly, the kid was a good writer. I haven't gotten to the angry part yet. The basic writing style is just that, basic, but he has the essential skill -- he could write something that's readable. I planned on skipping to the end, but I've found myself reading every word. It's a fascinating and warped look at a troubled young man. I think a lot of people are just like him, but crossing the line to mass murder is something I can't understand. He blamed others for his own problems, which is something all too common in today's American society.

No comments: