Friday, February 15, 2013

Good riddance, penny

Obama said recently that he would support legislation doing away with the penny. He also said there are bigger issues to deal with, so it's unlikely anything will happen to the penny. Well, well, well, I rarely agree with a Marxist who has done everything possible to weaken the United States, but on the penny I agree with Obama fully. The value of a penny is less than the cost to make them, and who uses pennies anyway? I can't remember the last time I went into my pocket for exact change, down to the penny -- because it's stupid.

Of course, Americans still prefer the English measurement system to metric, which means my countrymen are dumb as rocks and possibly emotional to the point of delusion, so I'm not looking for the penny to disappear until it takes 10,000 of them to buy a cup of coffee. And maybe not even then.

No comments: