Thursday, June 28, 2012

Arab Spring yields more rapes

The Arab Spring is a well of rapes, still. This time it's British journalist Natasha Smith:
    But in a split second, everything changed. Men had been groping me for a while, but suddenly, something shifted. I found myself being dragged from my male friend, groped all over, with increasing force and aggression. I screamed. I could see what was happening and I saw that I was powerless to stop it. I couldn’t believe I had got into this situation.
The account gets much worse.

Meanwhile, Egypt's new Islamist leader, Mursi, opened his mouth today:

"The Koran is our constitution."

"Death for the sake of Allah is our most lofty aspiration."

"Jihad is our path."

Video here, with English subtitles.

So, how does Obama feel about all this? His Secretary of State had this to say:
    "We have heard some very positive statements so far."

No comments: