Saturday, January 27, 2007

Moving to Windows Vista

PC World has a list of 15 reasons to switch to Vista, which I liked more than the last Vista list I critiqued.

Better interface -- doesn't seem that important, since XP is good, but every time I make a change, I'm glad I did.

Flip3D -- seems cutesy, but beta testers really like it.

ReadyBoost

Performance tools

Software gadgets -- cute stuff Mac has had for years, and add-ons were available for XP, but it's always nice to have some new stuff bundled.

Better wireless networking

Better networking, in general -- XP is pathetic for networking, as was 2000, 98 and 95.

Better movie maker -- still going to be limited compared to add-on apps, but it's always nice to have a freebie that gets the job done.

Better notebook support

The rest are worth reading, too...

No comments: