Thursday, July 21, 2005

London bombing in Scotsman

This is my kind of news story. The Scotsman has written about the new London bombings in three concise sections: Key Points, Key Quote, and Full Story. Thank you, Scotsman. I've been waiting 40 years for this kind of publishing. Give me what I need immediately, up front, with the option of reading the accompanying news story or feature. I don't want to mine an inverted pyramid for the details.

Read the Scotsman piece here.

The bottom line is this: I have more than 300 TV channels, plus about 200 news sites from around the world bookmarked in my browser. I get news alerts, email newsletters, and all manner of information flowing into my PC and TV. While I still take the time to read a good news story in its entirety, I need the facts in front of my eyeballs when I'm on the move through the world's media.

No comments: